Part Time Position – 25 – 30 hours a week
Preferred schedule is 3p – 8p Monday through Friday. Additional hours based off of availability for swim instructing.
Proposed pay rate: $15 per hour plus $20 per hour swim lesson instructing fee (if applicable)
Reports to: Trinity Center Director
Provide a safe environment for all patrons of the pool area; supervise lifeguards; oversee aquatic programming and rental clients; schedule and conducts swim lessons; and administer pool chemicals as the Certified Pool Operator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintain all areas of the swimming pool and spa to create a safe, clean and healthy environment
- Monitor the health and safety of patrons in and around the pool area; ensure lifeguard is properly positioned on the deck and performing duties appropriately
- Observe and enforce safety rules and regulations; educate patrons of rules; ensure lifeguard and instructors are observing and enforcing safety rules and regulations
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all emergency situations; alert lifeguard of any areas of concern in the pool area; perform first aid and/or CPR as needed; serve as a lifeguard when necessary
- Clean pool, deck, and other areas of the facility; monitor that personnel assigned to do such tasks complete them accurately and as scheduled
- Ensure swimming and pool equipment are in proper working order; inspect pool areas and equipment and recommend maintenance and repair as needed
- Administer pool chemicals and monitor inventory levels of chemicals, reagents and supplies
- Use appropriate judgment in responding to customer service situations as they arise
- Prepare and complete monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner
Oversee Aquatic Programs and Rental Clients
- Lead and direct the day-to-day activities of the Aquatic Center; serve as an information resource for staff and our clients; receive and evaluate complaints, resolving when possible or referring to the Director if needed
- Act as the liaison between private swim lesson clients and part-time swim instructors. Effectively communicate with clients the appropriate class enrollment level for their needs. Coordinate and organize swim class and lesson schedule. Conduct swimming lessons, as needed.
- Communicate rental event information to lifeguard and coordinate set-up / breakdown needs with student workers
- Maintain a monthly inventory log of supplies, equipment and/or products
Membership and Fitness Operations
Provide a high level of customer service to current and prospective members. Increase corporate and community memberships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Actively participate in the member retention process by providing a high level of service to all existing members and through the creation of value added programs
- Act as point of contact for potential members. Respond to walk-in, email and phone inquiries regarding memberships and programs. Conduct tours of the facility for new clients and potential members (walk-ins and by appointment)
- Assist with executing marketing plans
- Create monthly sales and membership reports
- Evaluate current fitness classes and member programs. Develop plan to increase revenue from member services and programs (i.e., Personal Training and tennis programs).
- Address member complaints and resolve issues and concerns promptly
- Supervise on-shift student Building Managers and support staff
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations on streamlining current membership process and in training staff on any changes to the current office operations
- Consistently look for opportunities to elevate our current service levels
- Create newsletter for members featuring programs, exercise and nutrition tips and quarterly facility information
- Serve as a substitute Group Exercise instructor (if applicable)
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position
- Minimum two years experience in fitness sales and management preferred
- B.A. or B.S. degree earned or in process of earning in recreation, fitness, business management, or related field preferred
- Certified as a lifeguard, CPR and First Aid (WSI or LGI preferred)
- Certified as a Pool Operator or able to sit for the test if not already certified
- Certified as a Group Fitness instructor
- Customer service oriented, outgoing and friendly
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and punctual
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and prioritize tasks
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to motivate and engage others
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment (knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint is helpful)
- Professional manner, discretion and appearance
Please submit a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a complete c.v. to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Membership and Aquatics Manager” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.