Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capitol, seeks an Recruiter for the Admission department. The Admissions Recruiter for CAS implements the university’s recruitment plan to meet the enrollment goals and activities for Trinity’s College of Arts and Sciences.
Historically known as Trinity College, Trinity today is a small university with 2,700 students enrolled in four academic units, including more than 1,000 students in the full-time daytime undergraduate women’s college, and three coeducational professional schools offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in evening, weekend and online formats. Nearly 80% of Trinity’s students reside in the Washington, D.C. region, and about 90% are African American and Hispanic.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s required, Masters preferred
- Valid drivers license
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to articulate clearly and persuasively the mission of Trinity to prospective students, guidance counselors, and other constituents.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively sell Trinity’s undergraduate programs.
- Excellent interview and evaluation skills.
- Ability to work independently yet is a solid contributing member of a professional team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Ability and availability for extensive out of state travel for college fairs and high school visits.
- Knowledge and skill in the utilization of database management systems.
LEVEL & TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Entry level to two years of experience as a recruiter or counselor in a college or university admissions/enrollment office.
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Flexible work schedules in the evenings and weekends as required.
PART III: DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES AND TASKS:
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions and Tasks):
- Recruits first year students to the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Conducts telemarketing to prospective students.
- Conducts interviews with prospective students.
- Coordinates long term communications with student prospects and applicants.
- Works closely with the administrators and faculty of the school through the director or vice president.
NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks):
- Any and all other duties of similar nature and character to those mentioned above.
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICIPATION:
- It s expected that you will participate and contribute to the success of official events. The following events require your attendance and participation:
- Spring Commencement and Winter Graduation
- Cap and Gown
- Alumnae Weekend
- Open House and other Admissions events
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities require by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. There is significant computer work, as well as reading of files.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work.
- Position requires that the individual is prepared and able to drive long distances.
- The work environment is fast paced and professional
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests.
- The noise level in work environment is typically low.
- Proficiency with managing student prospect database tracking systems and using the database to generate written and electronic communications.
- Demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook.
Candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com: Please reference “CAS Recruiter” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is
committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all
qualified individuals to apply.
Position will reamin open until filled.