Location: Main186 (Faculty Row)
Contact Information: LaWander McFarland (email@example.com) or 202-884-9230
To apply: Send hours of availability and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Main functions: The work-study supports the work of the Faculty Services Coordinator, Assistant to the Provost, fulltime faculty (specifically Dr. Minerva San Juan), and all adjunct faculty.
Reports to: Faculty Services Coordinator / Assistant to the Provost / Dr. Minerva San Juan
- Dependable, punctual, detail oriented, able to work independently.
- Pleasantly and professionally greets and assists faculty, students and visitors; willingness to help and direct persons as appropriate.
- Willing and able to lift up to 15lbs.
- Answers telephone, captures and relays accurate phone messages.
- Distributes fulltime and adjunct faculty mail and other materials.
- Delivers and/or picks-up inner-office mail or other materials from various departments on campus.
- Knowledge and ability to operate office equipment (e.g., computer, fax, copier, scanner, LCD projector and projector screen).
- Reply and/or provide follow-up to electronic mail requests when required.
- Stocks classrooms, adjunct offices and copy rooms with office supplies.
- Special projects as assigned by Faculty Services and/or Academic Affairs.
- Required availability Fridays from 2-7pm
- Additional times include the flexibility of 2-3 days per week at a minimum of 4 hours per day. Faculty Services is open Monday-Friday from 8:30am-7:00pm and Saturdays from 8:00am-5:00pm.
- The work-study is frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people in and around the office.