Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for an experienced administrative professional. The Admissions Support Specialist assists the Directors of Admission in the execution of all admissions functions. Serving primarily as the front- line communication specialist in the Office of Admissions, the incumbent will:
- Greet all visitors in a professional, pleasant and efficient manner.
- Manage phone and email inquiries.
- Schedule and confirm prospective student appointments, including open houses and group visits.
- Maintain the physical appearance of the reception area, and other areas around campus that have admissions materials.
- Maintain office procedure manual and provide staff with updates as they occur.
- Relay admission and financial aid procedures and information to inquires and applicants.
- Provide reports as needed and requested.
- Assist with data entry and letter generation as needed and requested.
- Maintain office inventory and supplies, including information packets and sheets for inquiries and applicants.
- Process incoming mail by dating and distributing accordingly.
- Maintain and distribute incoming faxes and admissions general email.
- Maintain the health of the office equipment.
- Supervise and mentor the student work-force, and post monthly schedule.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Ideal candidates will have the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests. Desired skills & qualities include:
- Four or more years of administrative experience, including office support.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn to use the student information system.
- Proven record of exceptional customer service.
- Highly motivated and detail-oriented.
The position is available immediately, and will remain open until filled. Candidates should submit credentials to:
Attn: Admissions Support Specialist
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.