Proposed pay rate: TBD by Human Resources
Reports to: Trinity Center Director
The key focus of this role is to drive and increase new business, contacts, opportunities, and revenue as it relates to all facets of our business operations: fitness, special events, athletics, and community partnerships.
Duties of Position
- Actively participate in the member retention process by providing a high level of service to all existing members and through the creation of value added programs
- Seek out and build new business by researching categories, identifying targets, cold-calling, and networking
- Build a network of contacts through prospecting and referrals
- Generate membership growth through recruitment and outreach to our community’s local residents
- Generate membership growth by promoting our Corporate Wellness Program to local businesses and organizations
- Research grant opportunities with our community partners (i.e., Girl Scouts and Women’s Sports Foundation)
- Utilize our current trade affiliations and memberships to increase program revenue (i.e., Tennis Welcome Center and USTA)
- Market Trinity Center rental facilities (tennis courts, basketball courts, and outdoor space) to both community based organizations, large corporations and special event consulting companies to maximize revenue stream
- Work closely with Director of Conference Services on special events, strategic partnerships and positioning Trinity as a unique and premier event conference facility in DC
- Assist with executing marketing plans and developing new marketing strategies
- Assist with developing and executing short and long term facility strategic goals
- Use social media and email campaigns to increase fitness membership retention numbers
- Team with campus retailer to create new Pro Shop inventory items
Perform other duties as assigned.
Candidates must have:
- B.A or B.S. in business management or related field
- Two years experience in business development and/or sales
- Social media marketing background is preferred
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and prioritize tasks
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Customer service oriented, outgoing and friendly
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to motivate and engage others
- Exhibit a professional appearance at all times
Please submit a letter of application addressing qualifications for the position along with a complete c.v. to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Assistant Director of Business Development” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.