Trinity in Washington, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital serving more than 2,600 student and 14,000 alumnae and alumni seeks a highly motivated, dynamic and energetic conference services professional to be the Director of Campus Conferences and Events.
Founded in 1897 as Trinity College in Washington, D.C., Trinity continues today as a diversified university with the historic women’s college still thriving as the undergraduate full-time program, and three coeducational professional schools offering undergraduate and graduate degrees.
The Director of Campus Conferences and Events reports to the VP for Administration and is responsible for providing leadership, planning, coordination and operational management for all aspects of campus events including summer conferences, and events during the academic year for on-campus and external clients. This position will market and sell the use of University facilities within the greater Washington, DC area to generate budgeted revenue goals.
The Director of Campus Conferences and Events should hold a bachelors degree (masters preferred) with at least 5 years of successful experience with conference services and event planning. Higher education experience would be a plus.
The ideal candidate will be extremely detail oriented, has strong administrative and organizational skills, and most importatntly has strong verbal, written and listening communication skills. The greatest attention to oustanding customer service is also required.
- Minimum of 40 hours a week is required
- Evening and weekend hours required on occasion and likely during the summer.
- Regular Saturday office hours may be required within a 40 day work week.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Generate and increase revenues by the promotion, sale, planning, scheduling and coordination of large/small high quality conference events that supports the educational mission of the University
- Rental of residence hall guest quarter space as available
- Provide services needed at each conference to ensure customer satisfaction
- Annually develop and execute a marketing plan to increase the sales of external and internal events.
- Manage all event support and serve as the liaison to catering, facilities, security and IT for all University events
- Develop marketing and sales promotional material such as brochures, web pages, mailing materials, etc., to increase the visibility of the University to internal and external groups.
- Develop pro-active working relationships with city-wide event-focused organizations and promote the University’s facilities to potential clients whenever possible.
- Respond to RFPs to attract new and continuing business
- Supervision and training of work study students and summer Conference Assistants
- Process all non-academic requests for space for University constituents
- Handle customer complaints and correspondence
- Ensure that all legal, health and all other regulations are followed
- Have active communication with staff, colleagues and supervisors
- Assist with marketing for programs and events
- Assist with internal events such as Commencement, Alumni Reunion, Class Traditions, Convocation and other events deemed necessary
Candidates should send a complete c.v. along with a letter of application addressing the candidate’s ability to meet the requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please be sure to reference “Director of Campus Conferences and Events ” in the subject line.
Trinity is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.