Trinity Washington University in Washington, DC has an immediate opening for a Student Services Specialist. Under the supervision of the Director of Continuing Education, the Student Services Specialist is the front line person for all Continuing Education students. Responsibilities include maintaining student customer service, recruitment and retention. Duties include managing daily oral and written communication through answering multiple phone lines, prioritizing the processing of written correspondence by responding to inquiry emails, online chats and miscellaneous correspondence. The specialist will guide students in course availability and registration procedures, problem solve, maintain the academic records integrity of the office with attention to detail, and sustain a high level of professional protocol with various continuing education constituencies.
This entry-level position requires customer service and record-keeping experience and familiarity with Microsoft Office products. The ideal candidate will be an organized self-starter familiar with the higher education setting. Excellent interpersonal and writing skills are essential.
- Answers multiple phone lines, responds to multiple daily emails, online chats, miscellaneous correspondence and other inquiries to guide students in registration processes.
- Processes correspondence as directed.
- Performs data entry and processes payments to support student registration.
- Maintains online file system associated primary office responsibilities.
- Data entry supporting student records and academic file maintenance.
- Assists with the process of updating registration status by keying in schedule adjustments.
- Evaluates academic records.
- Maintains integrity and confidentiality in the handling of information and sensitive matters in an academic atmosphere.
- BA/BS degree preferred (or applicable work experience as described in KSAs below)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills with emphasis on professional representation of the university.
- Strong understanding and delivery of customer service.
- Excellent organizational skills; strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize projects, particularly in processing student documentation, maintaining records and online files.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically in word processing, spreadsheet manipulation and calculation, developing new databases and data entry skills.
- Experience using student/personnel records database systems.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Please be sure to reference “Student Services Specialist” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.