Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Database Administrator. This is a full time position providing professional level technical support, administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of the institution’s SQL database servers and supported enterprise applications. This position will facilitate the planning and support of the institution’s databases and interfaces necessary to deliver the institution’s student records and accounting applications, including identifying and implementing new technologies and business processes to improve academic/business workflows.
The Database Administrator will report to the Chief Technology Officer for daily task, project assignments and personnel needs.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Proactive and reactive management of the institution’s Microsoft SQL and MySQL database servers with some administration of IIS 7/Apache web services.
- Planning, coordinating and implementing enhancements to the University’s student information system and supported systems, to include lifecycle upgrades, patch management and application customizations.
- Constructing ad-hoc SQL reports for data analysis used by various academic and departmental units.
- Providing secondary/backup support for the institution’s student information system, Ellucian PowerCampus, and ancillary systems.
- Ensuring the design, function and operation of all University application systems are in compliance with institutional IT policies, processes and practices.
- Resolving end-user support requests with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
- Maintain documentation on job-related functional areas.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- MCSA: SQL Server or comparable
- 4+ years of experience supporting and maintaining SQL server databases Microsoft SQL Server and/or MySQL.
- Solid understanding of RDMS concepts, principles and systems, especially Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or 2008 administration, optimization, security, backup/restoration,high-availability and stored procedures.
- Administrative knowledge of Microsoft SQL Reporting Services (SSRS) and ability to create custom reports through construction/modification of complex T-SQL queries.
- Knowledge of web concepts and HTML, XML and ASP.NET.
- Experience integrating disparate database systems is desirable.
- Experience creating and altering scripts in PowerShell, or Visual Basics or have an aptitude to learn.
- Prior knowledge and ability to use Ellucian PowerCampus and Microsoft Dynamics applications are a plus.
- Must be able to recommend creative and sound solutions to requests, problems and database application deficiencies.
- Experience with incident tracking and escalation system Track-It! or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex situations independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks efficiently and successfully.
All interested candidates should submit a cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please also reference “Database Administrator” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.