Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking an IT Support Technician. This is a full time position providing technical support to Trinity Washington University’s students, faculty and staff. The position is responsible for first level problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem resolution research.
The IT Helpdesk Technician will report to the Chief Technology Officer for daily task, project assignments and personnel needs. Primary responsibilities include:
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer e-mail, phone, walk-in and field support requests with the highest level of professionalism to customers at all times.
- Demonstrate the ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers.
- Support student, faculty and staff requesting help with computers, network, software applications, phones, printers, scanners, audio/visual equipment and all IT service and support issues.
- Proactively maintain equipment to prevent service disruption, to include weekly audio/visual equipment checks.
- Execute the successful completion of computer builds/migrations/moves, classroom set up and network account administration.
- Ensure compliance of IT operational processes, policies, and procedures and participate in the execution of institutional initiatives, projects and application lifecycle changes.
- Maintain accurate inventory of all types of procured IT equipment.
- Creating and maintaining documentation of job-related functional areas.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
The hours for this position are 8AM to 5PM Tuesday – Saturday.
- Candidates with the Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree will be considered first
- High school diploma mandatory
- A+ or Network+ required
- MCP/MTA desirable
- MCSA desirable
- 1-3+ years of experience with customer support in a dynamic IT field.
- Technically competent and able to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to demonstrate a strong understanding and working knowledge of computer hardware/software fundamentals, including desktops, notebooks, projectors, printers and other peripherals.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills, specifically with Microsoft desktop operating systems Windows 7 and application suites Office 2010, Smart Boards, antivirus, wireless, firewall configuration.
- Must have troubleshooting experience with Android and iOS mobile devices.
- Experience with ticket management systems and escalation.
- Experience with software deployment and enterprise desktop management suites (LANDesk, SCCM) are desirable.
- Experience with Active Directory administration.
- Experience with PBX/VoIP administration.
- Prior experience with classroom technologies in higher education is desirable.
- May be required to lift computer equipment up to 50lbs.
If interested please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference IT Support Technician in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.