Trinity Washington University invites applications for adjunct faculty to teach in the Nursing Program, within the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
Applications are welcome from individuals who are qualified to teach hospital clinical and lecture courses in nursing fundamentals, physical assessment, nursing laboratory skills, pharmacology, nutrition, NCLEX-RN preparation, and specialty areas of psychiatric, community health, medical-surgical, maternity, and pediatric nursing. We are seeking professors who exemplify qualities of caring, dedication, and enthusiasm in their teaching and who have the ability to motivate and encourage students to perform at the best of their individual abilities.
Times of lecture courses and clinical rotations vary. Courses are taught during evenings, weekdays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Successful candidates should have the following credentials:
- Current, unencumbered District of Columbia registered nurse license or the ability to obtain a DC license
- Bachelor of science in nursing degree
- Master’s degree in nursing or related field
- A minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse
- Eligibility to work in the United States without a sponsor
Additional requirements that will need to be provided at the time of employment:
- Cover letter of application and current curriculum vitae
- Sealed, official transcripts of earned degrees
- Copy of District of Columbia RN license
- Three professional references
- Trinity Washington University application form
- Current CPR – BLS card
- Permission form to obtain a background check
Additional requirements needed by professors who will be conducting hospital clinical teaching:
- Documentation of immunizations and/or immunity with antibody titer levels for MMR; varicella; Tdap, polio, and Hepatitis B
- Annual clearance for tuberculosis
- Seasonal influenza immunization
- Current physical exam, within one year
- Drug/alcohol testing may be required
- Other health requirements may be needed by specific health care agencies for clinical teaching
Please submit your cover letter and curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty, and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.