Employee would ideally work two or three days a week on a 7a – 3p schedule and the remaining days on an 11a – 7p schedule (or keep it a 9a – 5p and person would change their scheduled based off of scheduled appointments with clients).
Generate membership growth through recruitment and outreach to our community’s local residents. Generate membership growth by promoting our Corporate Wellness Program to more local businesses and organizations.
- Actively participate in the member retention process by providing a high level of service to all existing members and through the creation of value added programs
- Act as primary point of contact for potential members. Respond to all walk-in, email and phone inquiries regarding memberships and programs.
- Build a network of contacts through prospecting and referrals
- Assist with executing marketing plans and develop new marketing strategies
- Evaluate current fitness classes and member programs. Develop plan to increase revenue from member services and programs (ie, Personal Training and tennis programs).
- Recruit, hire, train, supervise and evaluate group exercise staff
- Address member complaints and resolve issues and concerns promptly
- Consistently look for opportunities to elevate our current service levels
- Create monthly sales, membership, and class participation reports
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations on streamlining current membership process and in training staff on any changes to the current membership office operations
- Create newsletter for members featuring programs, exercise and nutrition tips and quarterly facility information
- Serve as a substitute Group Exercise instructor (if applicable)
Candidates must have:
- B.A or B.S. in recreation, fitness, business management or related field preferred
- Two years experience in sales, fitness industry preferred
- Knowledge of the membership sales process, ability to close prospective memberships
- Strong communication, organization and leadership skills
- Customer service oriented, outgoing and friendly
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to motivate and engage others
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a professional manner
- Ability to take initiative, ownership and prioritize tasks
- Exhibit a professional appearance at all times
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference the position title of “Assistant Director of Memberships and Programs” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is deeply committed to recruiting, selecting, promoting, and retaining women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. We strong value diversity in the university community and seek to assure equality and employment