Part time position
25 – 30 hours a week
Varied schedule includes early morning, afternoon and/or evening shifts. Additional hours based off of availability for swim instructing.
Proposed pay rate: $15 per hour plus $20 per hour swim lesson instructing fee (if applicable)
Reports to: Trinity Center Director
Provide a safe environment for all patrons of the pool area; supervise lifeguards; oversee aquatic programming and rental clients; schedule and conducts swim lessons; and administer pool chemicals as the Certified Pool Operator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Maintain all areas of the swimming pool and spa to create a safe, clean and healthy environment
- Monitor the health and safety of patrons in and around the pool area; ensure lifeguard is properly positioned on the deck and performing duties appropriately
- Observe and enforce safety rules and regulations; educate patrons of rules; ensure lifeguard and instructors are observing and enforcing safety rules and regulations
- Respond quickly and efficiently to all emergency situations; alert lifeguard of any areas of concern in the pool area; perform first aid and/or CPR as needed; serve as a lifeguard when necessary
- Clean pool, deck, and other areas of the facility; monitor that personnel assigned to do such tasks complete them accurately and as scheduled
- Ensure swimming and pool equipment are in proper working order; inspect pool areas and equipment and recommend maintenance and repair as needed
- Administer pool chemicals and monitor inventory levels of chemicals, reagents and supplies
- Use appropriate judgment in responding to customer service situations as they arise
- Prepare and complete monthly reports accurately and in a timely manner
Oversee Aquatic Programs and Rental Clients
- Lead and direct the day-to-day activities of the Aquatic Center; serve as an information resource for staff and our clients; receive and evaluate complaints, resolving when possible or referring to the Director if needed
- Act as the liaison between private swim lesson clients and part-time swim instructors. Effectively communicate with clients the appropriate class enrollment level for their needs. Coordinate and organize swim class and lesson schedule. Conduct swimming lessons, as needed.
- Communicate rental event information to lifeguard and coordinate set-up / breakdown needs with student workers
- Maintain a monthly inventory log of supplies, equipment and/or products
Provide a high level of customer service to current and prospective members. Increase corporate and community memberships.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Increase membership numbers through recruitment and retention and expand outreach to the community (both corporate sales and residents)
- Maintain relationships with new and current members to generate referrals and to increase renewal rates
- Create quarterly Newsletter for members
- Assist with executing marketing plans and develop new marketing strategies
- Conduct tours of the facility for new clients / potential members (walk-ins and by appointment)
- Respond to phone calls and web site inquiries pertaining to memberships and programs
- Create monthly sales and membership reports
- Work with Assistant Director of Operations on streamlining current membership process and in training staff on any changes to the current office operations
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of one-year experience in an aquatics related management position
- Minimum two years experience in fitness sales and management preferred
- B.A. or B.S. degree earned or in process of earning in recreation, fitness, business management, or related field preferred
- Certified as a lifeguard, CPR and First Aid (WSI or LGI preferred)
- Certified as a Pool Operator or able to sit for the test if not already certified
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to create and present presentations
- Efficient, well organized, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously
- Proficient in appropriate computer skills and office equipment (knowledge of Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint is helpful)
- Professional manner, discretion and appearance
- Energetic, enthusiastic and punctual
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Please reference “Membership and Aquatic Operations Manager” in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is deeply committed to recruiting, selecting, promoting, and retaining women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. We strong value diversity in the university community and seek to assure equality and employment.