Trinity Washington University seeks an associate vice president for admissions, with particular responsibility to organize and direct the marketing, recruiting and admissions operations of Trinity’s three professional schools: the School of Professional Studies, School of Education, and School of Nursing and Health Professions.
Historically known as Trinity College, Trinity today is a university with 2,700 students enrolled in four academic units, including more than 1,000 students in the full-time daytime undergraduate women’s college (College of Arts and Sciences), and about 1,700 students combined in the three coeducational professional schools that offer a range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in evening, weekend and online formats. Nearly all of Trinity’s professional students work in the Washington, D.C. region; about 90% are African American and Hispanic, with an average age of about 35; while these units are coeducational, the professional student body is about 90% female reflecting Trinity’s strong reputation for women’s education in the Washington region.
Reporting to the vice president for admissions, the associate vice president will be a seasoned admissions professional who can exert strong leadership in organizing and implementing effective strategies for professional student recruiting. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing the strategic and tactical plans for recruiting professional students aligned with Trinity’s enrollment goals, incorporating strong market analysis data and aligning market trends with Trinity’s programs;
- Developing and implementing strategies to build the inquiry pools for the professional programs, to train and supervise staff recruiters working to convert inquiries to good applications, and ensuring high yield of applications to enrolled students through managing an effective yield management program for the professional schools;
- In cooperation with the marketing professionals on the Advancement Team, creating and implementing a full range of print materials, online and broadcast advertisements and other communication tactics to expand Trinity’s brand identity and impact on the Washington region;
- Developing and managing an effective corporate relations program for professional student recruiting;
- Developing education and training programs for the recruiting team in order to ensure the accuracy and effectiveness of staff presentations and recruiting conversations about Trinity’s academic programs and policies;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the president, provost, academic deans and faculty, and ensure the accurate and timely delivery of weekly reports on recruiting progress;
- In cooperation with the vice president, develop the annual admissions budget, participate in selection and supervision of core admissions staff, and facilitate management of the Admissions Office.
Qualifications include at least 8 years of increasingly responsible admissions experience, with experience recruiting for professional schools preferred as well as management experience with an emphasis on team-building and effective supervision. A baccalaureate degree is essential, and a master’s degree in a related field is preferred. The position requires the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, and also the ability to travel throughout the Washington region by car.
Candidates must present evidence of very strong oral and written communication skills, and finalists must present writing samples and evidence of related work products in marketing, recruiting and admissions. Finalists will present the names of at least three professional references.
Letter of application addressing qualifications and a complete c.v. to: email@example.com
Please be sure to reference “Associate Vice President for Admissions” in the subject line.