Trinity Washington University in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for a Web Specialist. The Web Specialist ensures the content on the university’s web and social media platforms is current, accurate, and compelling. Using a customized WordPress content management system, the Web Specialist writes, publishes, maintains and archives content such as announcements, profiles, and blog posts, all of which may include multimedia components. This position also provides support—via help tickets, email, phone, one-on-one guidance, and group training—to staff and student organizations that use WordPress to maintain their respective sections of the Trinity website.
Together, the Assistant Vice President for Online Communications and the Web Specialist will continually expand and improve Trinity’s online presence, consistent with rapidly-evolving technologies and user requirements. While focused primarily on assuring the quality of digital content across the university’s online platforms, the Web Specialist frequently assists with projects requiring technical knowledge to successfully meet functionality specifications; some coding is required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills, with experience in writing for the web.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to provide non-technical users with friendly assistance with the operation of online systems.
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Dreamweaver, and the use of these products in creating optimized web content. A portfolio demonstrating previous design, coding, or other work with the Adobe Creative Suite is a plus.
- Photography (DSLR), videography, and audio and video editing skills a plus.
- Eagerness to learn and apply new technologies.
- Able to juggle multiple, frequently-changing priorities.
Please email a cover letter and résumé, plus two short writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. One or both samples should be written specifically for the web; a link to material published online is acceptable.
Indicate “Web Specialist” in the subject line.
Position will remain open until filled.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our web site at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.