Date: August 2012
Position Title: Work Study
Name of Employee: Academic Affairs/Faculty Services
Location: Main186 (Faculty Row)
Contact Information: LaWander McFarland (firstname.lastname@example.org) or 202-884-9230
Working in the Faculty Services Office, the work-study supports the work of the Faculty Services Coordinator, Academic Affairs, fulltime and adjunct faculty.
Reports to: Faculty Services Coordinator / Academic Affairs
- Dependable, punctual, detail oriented and willing and able to work independently.
- Pleasantly and professionally meets and greets faculty, students and other visitors, willing and capable of inquiring about the nature of their business and directs them to appropriate person.
- Answers telephone, captures and relays accurate phone messages.
- Distributes fulltime and adjunct faculty mail and other materials.
- Delivers or pickup from various departments on campus.
- Willing and able to gain an understanding of office equipment (computer, fax, copier and scanner, LCD projector and projector screen)
- Willing and able to lift up to 30lbs.
- Opens electronic mail for the Faculty Services office, follows-up when required, regarding technology equipment.
- Handles office equipment calendar, supplies classrooms with supplies and general copy machine maintenance
- Special projects as assigned as directed by Faculty Services and/ or Academic Affairs.
- Work days start at 10:00 am in the morning and can be scheduled until 7:00 pm, work days are a minimum of 4 hours per day and a minimum of 2 days per week, Monday – Friday and some Saturdays.
- The work-study is frequently exposed to noise and a regular flow of people in and around the office
- The work-study is frequently assigned to changing priorities