Title: Associate Director of Enrollment Services– Student Accounts
Organization: Office of Enrollment Services
Reports to: Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Services
Supervises: Assistant Directors, student workers
Part II: POSITION INFORMATION:
The Associate Director of Enrollment – Student Accounts is responsible for assisting with development and implementation of policies and procedures for all student accounts; and for supervising activities associated with student billings, account receivables and collections. The Associate Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with federal and state regulations and minimizing past due and uncollectible accounts. Additionally, the Associate Director manages the administration of Veteran’s Affairs program.
Education Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Level & Type of Experience
- Customer Service experience in an office environment required
- Experience in a university environment in student accounts, financial aid, registrar’s office, academic advising or admissions strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of personal computer and mainframe applications
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and students
- Ability to give presentations to groups regarding the college enrollment process
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, employees, and administration
- Ability to prepare financial and other statistical reports
- Ability to use a computer, standard office software, and automated office equipment
- Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and familiarity with a university environment preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a student center customer service philosophy
Special Licenses, Registration or Certification: N/A
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes regular Saturday and evening hours during Trinity’s business hours: 9am -7pm weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
Part III: Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential Responsibilities (Functions and Tasks)
- Provides assistance to students, parents, faculty and staff regarding enrollment services information and transactions
- Maintain accurate student account records
- Set up and follow procedures to monitor and maintain accurate student account records and reports.
- Set up and follow procedures to ensure accurate and timely billing for students and third parties.
- Works closely with the director of student records to ensure that the database is set up correctly for billing all academic programs.
- Review assessments and student related cash receipts on a daily basis to ensure accuracy.
- Communicate and interact with customers to provide effective customer service, including receiving, researching and appropriately responding to inquiries and/or complaints regarding their accounts, billing statement, and the University policies and procedures, and other related issues.
- Analyze accounts and conduct other research as necessary to respond to inquiries and resolve questions and/or complaints; identify problems or errors in accounts; determine appropriate corrective actions within established guidelines and implement or refer for action as appropriate.
- Perform return of Title IV calculations for official and unofficial withdrawals
- Bill for outside scholarships
- Prepare state grant invoices
- Approve batches for the business office
- Verify tuition assessment rules
- Oversee the Nelnet payment plan administration
- Review the bookstore reconciliation
- Maintain familiarity with policies and procedures of assigned departments, schools, and /or programs in order to provide specialized information concerning accounts; maintain liaison with appropriate school representatives to maintain up-to-date information; communicate relevant information about assigned areas to other staff members on a regular basis.
- Prepare monthly billing and reporting activities.
- Monitor past due accounts and place registration and/or transcript holds.
- Identify patterns and trends of problems related to accounts, notifying and /or referring to supervisor as appropriate.
- Process various accounting documents including, but not limited to, those related to student refunds and payment plans, ensuring actions are in accordance with established guidelines.
- Works with collection manager to identify and research problem accounts.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Provides information about payment deadlines and procedures, refunds, book vouchers
- Answer general questions about the university, admission, registration, financial aid etc.
- Work closely with other administrative offices to assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Assists with Open Houses, New Student Orientation, and other special campus events as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks)
- Other duties as required or requested by the President, Vice President, or Assistant Vice President of Enrollment Services
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICPATION
- It is expected that all staff will want to participate and contribute to the success of official events, including but not limited to Commencement and Convocation
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests
- The noise level in work environment is usually quiet. Some interactions with customers may be stressful
Please send all resumes to email@example.com attn: Chandra Hawkins
Learn more about Trinity by visiting us at www.trinitydc.edu
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.