Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, DC, seeks a Nursing Laboratory Coordinator for its School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP). Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions and the Director of the Nursing Program, the nursing laboratory coordinator will maintain the nursing laboratory and assist faculty with student skill development. The position is a full-time 12-month appointment. The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with strong organizational, nursing technology, and communication skills.
- Maintains a clean, safe, and organized nursing laboratory
- Conducts and maintains lab equipment inventories
- Orders lab supplies
- Processes laboratory supply payment invoices
- Makes recommendations for new lab equipment and lab teaching methodologies
- Orders and maintains an inventory of audio-visual support computer software
- Sets up and then properly disposes of lab supplies for nursing lab classes
- Provides for tutoring and lab practice as needed for nursing students
- Coordinates with nursing faculty and Director of Nursing Program to evaluate and improve laboratory courses
- Assists in the revision of laboratory course syllabi
- Works with nursing faculty to develop and revise student laboratory skills check-off lists as needed
- Serves as an academic advisor to a select group of nursing students
- The ideal candidate will hold a Master’s Degree in Nursing; a BSN is required
- RN license in the District of Columbia
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse
- Current knowledge of nursing practice at the registered nurse level
- Minimum of one year of experience in an institution of higher learning or equivalent experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, current curriculum vitae with email address, and the names of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.