Trinity has an opening for an Academic Advisor in its School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP). Reporting to the Occupational Therapy Assistant Program Director and NHP Dean, the Academic Advisor will provide support to the Occupational Therapy Assistant program and assist with student-centered proactive academic planning and retention services for the School of Nursing and Health Professions.
The Academic Advisor works closely with student in their academic planning as well as their understanding of policies and procedures pertaining to their chosen field. The Academic Advisor must be able to work well with students bringing diverse backgrounds and will meet the following specific functions, as well as assist with other administrative tasks as needed:
- Working closely with academic administrators as part of a team, implement initiatives such as (a) retention efforts that ensure students remain contiguously enrolled; (b) strategic plans to ensure that students are registered in an efficient and timely manner; (c) semester and annual plans to ensure student academic success through holistic advising methods
- Conduct or assist with orientation sessions for new students
- Review transfer credits
- Assist with developing and maintaining the OTA website and assist with maintaining other NHP websites
- Support faculty in their role as advisors, including planning and delivering training workshops
- Review and ensure accuracy of graduation audits
- Communicate to students, faculty and others in a timely manner regarding advising, registration and issues resolution
- Participate in the Occupational Therapy accreditation process and in programmatic assessment
- Assist the Dean with tabulating, analyzing, and reporting retention data
Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of progressive academic advising experience; commitment to excellence in student services; insight on various advising methodologies/theories; and experience working with a wide variety of students. The successful candidate must have demonstrated consistent attention to detail as well as excellent interpersonal communication skills; the candidate must hold a master’s degree. Candidates with experience working with allied health disciplines are preferred.
Please send all applications which should include a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.