Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., seeks well qualified candidates for the position of Executive Assistant to the Dean of the School of Professional Studies. The position is full-time and includes some evening and weekend hours. The School of Professional Studies, as one of the university’s four collegiate units, oversees evening and weekend programs for Associate’s, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degree programs for 1,000 plus full- and part-time adult professional students. Learn more about Trinity and the School of Professional Studies by visiting www.trinitydc.edu.
The position of Executive Assistant to the Dean, as the first point of contact for the School of Professional Studies, requires a professional individual possessing extensive professional experience in higher education (preferably with private institutions), is an excellent communicator, has outstanding interpersonal relation skills with all departments and units of the university, balanced with a strong commitment to detail-oriented goal and task management, and is willing to accomplish a broad range of assignments. Primary duties will include:
- Executive support forthe Dean and the Dean’s staff
- Reporting, research, and data analysis on special projects
- Manage student workers
- Support the School of Professional Studies professional advising staff and faculty
- Clerical and administrative duties
The Executive Assistant to the Dean will be adept in the use of computer software: Management information systems, word processing, calendars, email, spreadsheet management, and data collection.
The successful candidate will possess:
- At least 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in supporting management positions at the executive level and/or in higher education
- Other experience might be considered if relevant to the position
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Although extensive experience and increasing responsibility might substitute for some years of education
- Experience with textbook ordering, maintaining vendor relationships, events planning, survey tools, and web publishing will merit additional consideration
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and at least three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line Executive Assistant – SPS.
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. Our benefits package includes TIAA-CREF, life, health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending account program, and tuition assistance.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.