Trinity Washington University, located in Washington, D.C., is seeking an IT Desktop Administrator. This is a full time position providing enterprise desktop administration and technical support services to the University’s students, faculty and staff. The position will consist of 65% desktop administration, with an emphasis on imaging, configuration, testing, maintenance and security of desktop systems, and 35% technical support.
The IT Desktop Administrator will report to the Chief Technology Officer for daily task, project assignments and personnel needs. Primary responsibilities include:
1) Creating, maintaining, and deploying OS images and software applications in accordance with University requirements and software life cycles.
2) Planning, coordinating and implementing enhancements to the University’s enterprise management system (LANDesk).
3) Ensuring the design, function and operation of all University desktop computers are in compliance with institutional IT policies, processes and practices.
4) Maintaining enterprise antivirus software, desktop firewall configuration and login scripts.
5) Assisting with computer builds/migrations/moves and classroom set up.
6) Coordinating with team members to ensure operational technology within computer labs, classrooms and administrative offices.
7) Resolving end-user phone, e-mail, walk-in and field support requests with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
8) Documenting job-related functional areas.
9) Other job-related duties as assigned.
The hours for this position are 10AM-7PM Monday-Friday.
- Candidates with an Associate’s and/or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Engineering will be considered first
- High school diploma mandatory
- A+ required
- MCITP/MCDST required
- 3+ years of IT support experience in a Windows XP/7 Enterprise environment.
- Experience with software delivery methodologies to create/deploy software packages and OS images, preferably with LANDesk or similar enterprise management systems.
- Scripting experience (AutoIT, Batch, PowerShell) or prior programming experience is required.
- Technical proficiency in areas related to computer hardware, desktop applications and operating systems, specifically Microsoft Windows 7/XP, Mac OS X, Office 2007, antivirus, wireless and firewall configuration.
- Broad knowledge of Windows Server 2003-2008 administration and GPO is desirable.
- Experience with incident tracking and escalation system Track-It! or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to handle complex situations independently.
- Ability to prioritize assigned tasks efficiently and successfully.
- Superb customer service skills.
- May be required to lift computer equipment up to 25lbs.
Please send all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with IT Desktop Administrator in the subject line.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.