Trinity Washington University invites candidates for the position of Patrol Officer.
- POSITION OVERVIEW: This position reports directly to a DPS Supervisor and the Director of Public Safety. The officer works independently with limited supervision forty (40) hours per week minimum. Successful candidate must be able to work all shifts, including weekends, holidays, special events, and overtime shifts, as required. The incumbent works with other DPS officials, access control officers, communication officers, public safety assistants and contract security guards on campus during tours of duty. Participates in crime prevention and community based outreach and initiatives. Performs the duties and responsibilities of a patrol officer, and other duties as needed, or as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma or equivalent; sufficient combination of training and experience in police supervision, preferably in a higher education environment
- Must be a U.S. citizen, be at least 21 years of age and possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must demonstrate excellent customer service based skills; and be highly effective in both oral and written communications
- Must demonstrate proficiency in widely used and contemporary computer based applications (i.e.: MS word, excel, power-point, publisher).
SPECIAL LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to obtain and maintain Special Police Officer (SPO) status through the District of Columbia, to include meeting and maintaining the prescribed requirements and qualifications associated with SPO status, as defined by the MPD Security Officer’s Management Branch (SOMB) Policy Manual.
Resumes should be sent via email to email@example.com attn: Chandra Hawkins
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.