Human Resources Generalist/Data Manager
Join the Human Resources Team at Trinity as we continue our journey to be the employer of choice among higher education institutions in Washington, DC. This is an exciting time at Trinity, with increasing student enrollment and many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist/ Data Manager to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
Trinity is a private university in Washington, DC., and offers an array of degree programs for men and women at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Trinity is a fully-accredited university of four schools located on a wooded campus in northeast Washington, offering programs for men and women of all faiths and ages. For 115 years, Trinity has taught the leaders of tomorrow.
Trinity is home to over 2,000 students and employs over 300 faculty and staff members. The Trinity Office of Human Resources partners with the campus community, providing guidance in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, training & development, employment, and benefits.
The Human Resources Generalist supports various department functions to include, benefits management, payroll, file maintenance, and data capture and analysis.
This position’s primary responsibilities include:
- Providing overall support to the Office of Human Resources
- Capturing, analyzing and presenting data
- Managing benefits-input, maintenance and administration
- Serving as the back-up payroll administrator
- Assisting the Director and Associate Director in streamlining HR policies, practices and processes and in driving HR initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field
- Two years of related human resources experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for reporting purposes
- Excellent writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven credibility
- Superior level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
- Experience working in all areas of human resources
- Working knowledge of an HRIS platform and/or a payroll system
- Fast paced and professional work environment
- Employee must be able to work efficiently under pressure, effectively managing competing demands.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.