Assistant Dean, First-Year Experience
Trinity Washington University in Washington, D.C. is seeking an Assistant Dean to oversee its dynamic First-Year Experience in Trinity’s historic women’s college, the College of Arts and Sciences, beginning in Fall 2012. As Trinity’s enrollments continue to rise in support of its mission and in light of developing programs, the Assistant Dean for FYE will join a team committed to student success in multiple arenas. The Assistant Dean for FYE is responsible for carrying out a wide range of duties requiring both overall and specialized knowledge of academic curricula, student advising, student services, event planning, and outcomes assessment, with the objective of supporting enrollment and retention in the College by providing students with a well-balanced curricular and co-curricular program as the foundation for the four-year degree. The successful candidate will be imaginative, collaborative, technologically adept, detail-oriented, and committed to Trinity’s mission of social justice and service.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- A leadership role in planning and delivering student orientations
- Working with administrators and faculty to create the FYE schedule of courses and co-curricular activities, which specifically targets strengthening students’ abilities and interests in multiple areas
- Ensuring the FYE has a visible and vibrant presence on the Trinity website
- Working with faculty, staff, and adjuncts to develop and implement standardized assessment protocols for all first-year courses in order to continue strengthening programming
- Collaborating with the dean and provost on identifying and pursuing external funding for select FYE initiatives
Credentials for this position include a Master’s degree and at least two years of experience in higher education (including instructional experience).
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate “Assistant Dean of CAS First-Year Experience” in the subject line.
Position will remain open until filled.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our web site at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.