Trinity in Washington, DC seeks enthusiastic professionals to serve as Resident Coordinator for assigned residence halls. Successful candidates may be graduate students or new professionals with previous student leadership/undergraduate residence life experience. The Resident Coordinator is a live-in part-time professional staff person who provides leadership plus administrative direction to students on her floor. She will coordinate campus service requests (i.e. Facilities) for her floor in conjunction with her Area Director (AD). She will participate with the Area Director in planning residence life activities and student government. This position begins in July 2012.
University Housing Mission:
The Residence Life program seeks to enhance the aims of Trinity’s educational program by providing a living environment that is conducive to academic progress and personal growth and development.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate the understanding of student needs, become familiar with, and act as resource and referral for campus and community resources
- Possess active crisis intervention, management and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a diverse community respectfully with staff and students regardless of their race, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, or disability status
- Able to demonstrate leadership and work in a collaborative environment
- Oversee overall day-to-day residence hall activity
- Be personally motivated to meet and achieve all individual and team goals/initiatives
Functions and Tasks:
- Assist in coordinating housing selection process
- Assist in coordinating the opening and closing of the residence halls
- Act as co-advisor for Residence Hall Council (RHC)
- Communicate work requests for assigned residence hall
- Have all knowledge of building concerns
- Other relevant duties as assigned
Essential Administrative Responsibilities:
- Prepare necessary reports as directed by AD in a thorough and timely fashion
- Attend assigned staff meetings, in-service training sessions, and all appropriate retreats, workshops, or seminars assigned by the Office of Camus Housing/Res. Life
- Be available on campus on a daily basis in the evenings and maintain an active presence within the community
- Enforce university and residence life/housing policies
- Participate in staff on-call rotation/coverage schedule
- Assist AD with community building
- Aid in the management of student behavior through peer counseling and advising
- Establish a positive and inclusive atmosphere by encouraging behavior that ensures safety, security, community and a sense of unity within the residence halls
- Co-coordinate with AD and support hall/campus/community efforts to provide successful programs and events
- Establish a positive living/learning environment through creative programming and assist AD in establishing an effective programming model
- Serve as a positive role model for staff and students
- Foster residential student development
Please submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com . Please indicate “Resident Coordinator” in the subject line.
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified women to apply.