- Contributing to the design and teaching of critical reading and pre-requisite developmental reading courses for Trinity’s general education curriculum
- Teaching several sections of supplementary instruction sessions each semester, with emphasis on improvement of reading comprehension, fluency, vocabulary development, and information retention
- Offering professional development workshops and consultation to the Trinity community on reading pedagogy and assessment
- Maintaining regular office hours for students needing one-on-one tutoring sessions
- Compiling and analyzing course data and presenting key findings in written reports to the Dean’s office and other relevant audiences
Candidates must possess a master’s degree or doctorate in reading, developmental education, or a closely-related field. Other requirements include a minimum of two years teaching experience in reading, preferably at an institution of higher education, and extensive course work in the theory and practice of teaching reading to post-secondary learners. Candidates will be asked to conduct a teaching demonstration as a part of the interview process.
Official transcripts for all degrees earned, sample course syllabi, course evaluations, and/or other evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three professional references will be requested of candidates invited for an interview.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.