Trinity Washington University in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Enrollment Services – Outreach.
This position will provide information and assistance to students regarding enrollment related functions. With an overall knowledge and understanding of enrollment procedures and information, the Assistant Director of Enrollment Services will guide both prospective and current students through various processes associated with student records, registration, and financial aid. Work is performed under general supervision and performance is based on the completion of assignments and results obtained. The position will also develop and implement the outreach activities for the Enrollment Services Office.
Education Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Level & Type of Experience
- Customer Service experience in an office environment required
- Experience in a university environment in financial aid, registrar’s office, academic advising or admissions strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of personal computer and mainframe applications
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to develop and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and students
- Ability to give presentations to groups regarding the college enrollment process
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, parents, employees, and administration
- Ability to prepare financial and other statistical reports
- Ability to use a computer, standard office software, and automated office equipment
- Knowledge of federal financial aid programs and familiarity with a university environment preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- A commitment to a student center customer service philosophy
Special Licenses, Registration or Certification: N/A
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Includes regular Saturday and evening hours during Trinity’s business hours: 9am -7pm weekdays and 8am to 2pm on Saturdays
Part III: Description of Duties and Tasks:
Essential Responsibilities (Functions and Tasks)
- Provides assistance to students, parents, faculty and staff regarding enrollment services information and transactions
- Provides information about registration holds and how to resolve them
- Check and advises students on financial aid status, FWS authorizations, loan entrance counseling, payment arrangements and payment plans, account balance, discounts, and financial holds, schedule adjustments, withdrawals, leave of absence requests, permit to take courses off campus, transcript request
- Provides information about payment deadlines and procedures, refunds, book vouchers
- Answer general questions about the university, admission, registration, financial aid etc.
- Tutors students in using on-line self-service features related to enrollment
- Provides general information about graduation and commencement
- Provides information about ordering official transcripts, graduation applications, diploma request, enrollment verification request
- Changes student directory information (name change requests)
- Change of major/program/college
- Assists students in completing loan counseling
- Assists with registration, add/drop, schedule changes, etc
- Directs students to other offices for tasks outside Enrollment Services, such as academic advising, parking services etc…
- Assists with the preparation and execution of student orientation
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive outside scholarship listing
- Provide information/training sessions to current students about personal finance
- Develop seminars and other methods for educating students about the enrollment process
- Design and publish periodic enrollment services newsletter
- Conduct individual and group sessions on financial literacy (e.g. budgets, debt management, graduate school financing)
- In conjunction with the Assistant Vice President of Enrollment conduct informational sessions at local high schools
- Conduct FAFSA workshops
- Maintain and update all required consumer information as prescribed by the U.S. Department of Education
- Responsible for responding to voice mails, emails, and filing all office documents
- Participate in professional training workshops as required
- Work closely with other administrative offices to assist in the recruitment and retention of students
- Assists with Open Houses, New Student Orientation, and other special campus events as needed. Performs other duties as requested.
NONESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES (Functions & Tasks)
- Other duties as required or requested by the Vice President, Assistant Vice President or Associate Director of Enrollment Services
CAMPUS COMMUNITY EVENTS PARTICPATION
- It is expected that all staff will want to participate and contribute to the success of official events, including but not limited to Commencement and Convocation
- The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential tasks of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties for this job, the employee is regularly required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. Employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to ten pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Position requires clear speaking voice for telephone work
- The work environment characteristics are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions
- Employee must be able to work efficiently with many interruptions involving walk-in and telephone inquiries and requests
- The noise level in work environment is usually quiet. Some interactions with customers may be stressful
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicate “Assistant Director of Enrollment Services” in the subject line.
Position will remain open until filled.
Trinity is a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, enrolling undergraduate and graduate students in full time, part time, and weekend programs. We offer a beautiful campus setting and a competitive benefits package. For more information, visit our web site at www.trinitydc.edu.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.