Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C, is seeking a part-time paid Cashier to serve as part of the Business Office. The Cashier will work closely with the Assistant Controller and Controller. Organization skills, reliability and commitment are priorities for this position. The goodwill of the university must be reflected to all who come in contact with this person while utilizing appropriate measures to preserve the institutions rights, resources, financial integrity and reputation in every instance. The Cashier will be exposed to highly sensitive matters, and sound judgment is important as errors in judgment could adversely affect the financial integrity and the reputation of the institution.
Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong computer skills, especially related to data-entry and spreadsheet processing; and the ability to problem solve are all necessary for success in this position.
- Review and prepare cash receipt deposits and journal entries for all student transactions; including processing and transmitting bank deposits and reconciling cash receipt batches to source documents.
- Research and resolve cash receipt and accounts receivable related inquiries.
- Serve as a customer service liaison within the Business Office, including answering customer in-person and phone inquiries, and responding to voicemails, emails, and faxes.
- Assists with the matching of vendor invoices to purchase orders and receiving information from individual departments.
- Assists with the weekly check runs.
- Provides general office administrative support, including filing and office supply ordering.
EDUCATION and/licensure REQUIREMENTS
- A high school diploma is required. Advanced study in the area of accounting, finance, or business administration is desired.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work a minimum of 21 hours a week (required time schedule of 12 PM – 7 PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Ability to work a Saturday rotation from 8 AM – 2 PM approximately one time per month may be necessary
- Excellent computer skills, particularly related to spreadsheet and database packages.
- Strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for providing superior customer service.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references, via email, to:
In subject line enter, “CASHIER”
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.