Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for an Academic Advisor in its School of Professional Studies. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Professional Studies, the Academic Advisor is responsible for providing comprehensive, proactive retention services for the School of Professional Studies (SPS).
The Academic Advisor advises Trinity students so that they are receiving the attention they require with regard to academic planning and administrative policies/procedures. The Academic Advisor must be able to work with traditional and non-traditional students and will be responsible for managing a caseload of at least 250 students.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing initiatives such as (a) retention efforts that ensure students remain contiguously enrolled; (b) strategic plans to ensure that students are registered in an efficient and timely manner; (c) semester and annual plans to ensure student academic success through holistic advising methods
- Conducting or assisting with orientation sessions for new students
- Performing the review of transfer credits
- Assisting with student lead organizations and representatives
- Providing article contributions to the SPS newsletter
- Participating on various committees, work groups, or professional organizational networks as needed
- Facilitating responses and resolutions to student concerns
Qualified candidates will have 1-2 years of progressive academic advising experience; must possess a master’s degree; commitment to excellence in student services; insight on various advising methodologies/theories and experience working with adult learners preferred; and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.