Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in Washington, DC, seeks a Clinical Placement Coordinator for its School of Nursing and Health Professions. Reporting to the Dean and Directors of the Nursing and Health Professions Programs, the clinical placement coordinator will work with multiple clinical sites to coordinate student clinical placements. The position is a full-time 12-month nursing faculty appointment with administrative duties. The successful candidate will be a registered nurse with strong marketing, recruitment, and administrative skills and a teaching background in an institution of higher learning or equivalent experience.
- Identifies, recruits, and tours new clinical/practicum agency student placement sites
- Collaborates with agency staff as well as Trinity administration and staff to maintain currency in all contractual agreements
- Identifies potential adjunct professors for the Directors
- Maintains a list of the approved adjunct clinical faculty and preceptors by clinical specialty
- Identifies potential student learning experiences in clinical/practicum sites
- Interacts with clinical agencies to plan for and schedule student group clinical or individual senior clinical practicum preceptor rotations
- Evaluates and files the clinical logs of students who have individual preceptors
- Conducts site visits to clinical sites on an annual basis
- Attends required meetings at clinical affiliation agencies
- Attends community professional meetings and recruitment job fairs
- Schedules and notifies students and clinical faculty regarding the clinical orientations for each student clinical group each semester
- Prepares orientation documents for all students entering the clinical year
- Maintains clinical clearance records on students and clinical faculty and submits them to clinical agencies, including CPR verification, health clearances, background checks, resumes, fit mask testing, and clinical training modules that may be required
- Prepares clinical clearance permission letters for students and their advisors
- Distributes to clinical professors and preceptors the student and agency evaluation forms and clinical teaching forms needed
- Maintains all files related to clinical assignments
- Collaborates with site coordinator and clinical professors to evaluate clinical sites
- Schedules make-up clinical rotations for students
- Schedules orientation sessions and meetings with and serves as a resource and support person for clinical adjunct professors
- Provides input into the evaluation process of clinical adjunct instructors/preceptors
- In collaboration with the Directors, manages student clinical placement issues as appropriate
- Masters Degree in Nursing or a
- Masters Degree with a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- RN license in the District of Columbia
- Minimum of two years of clinical experience as a registered nurse
- Current knowledge of nursing practice at the registered nurse level
- Minimum of one year of teaching in an institution of higher learning or equivalent experience
Interested candidates should submit a letter of application that includes a statement of qualifications for this position, a current curriculum vitae with email address, and the names of three professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package, and a dynamic work environment. Our benefits package includes TIAA-CREF, life, health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending account program, and tuition assistance.
Trinity Washington University is deeply committed to recruiting, selecting, promoting, and retaining women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities. We strong value diversity in the university community and seek to assure equality and employment.
Learn more about Trinity by visiting us at www.trinitydc.edu