Trinity (Washington) University, a dynamic university in the nation’s capital, seeks a qualified candidate to engage in a short-term contract supporting Trinity’s strategic use of Moodle, the open-source learning management platform. This position will involve a 3-6 month engagement in which the successful candidate will work with Trinity personnel to provide direct support for Moodle users (faculty and students) in online, face-to-face, and telecommunications settings. Additionally, the successful candidate will develop materials to supplement and update Trinity’s current Moodle documentation (i.e., how-to videos, user manuals, etc.,.).
The successful candidate’s skills and experience will include:
- Strong working knowledge of and experience with Moodle 1.9, including at least 2 years of direct experience supporting Moodle or other learning management system users, preferably in higher education
- Direct familiarity (ideally as a student or instructor) with online courses, preferably using the Moodle platform
- Relevant experience with coding HTML and CSS to build user-friendly web resources as necessary.
- At minimum a bachelor’s degree with a master’s degree preferable.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer-service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
This part-time position may include some evenings and weekends and is available immediately. Please send a resume and names and contact information for three references, including at least one previous supervisor, to: email@example.com attn: Human Resources