At United Cerebral Palsy, you will have an opportunity to give back to your community where it is most needed.
As a UPC team member, you will assist staff with planning as well as working directly with our clients. You will also coordinate programs by scheduling, and doing follow-up calls to help with our involvement in the community and fund raising.
Interns will gain professional experience in the field of non profits as well as have the opportunity to learn through personal satisfaction from helping others.
• Interns will work with Case Managers to observe Individual Services (ISP) and attend meetings for individuals with developmental disabilities.
• Students will receive training on planning for adults with disabilities and provide Direct Care services twice a week.
• Interns will observe the team development goals and objectives for individuals with disabilities.
OPPORTUNITIES TO BE INVOLVED
• Assist Staff with planning the events/Public Relations schedule for the year.
• As a team, plan special activities for the centers such as Holiday parties.
• Follow up on calling donors for our “Wish List.”
• Help with the mailing list for donations; data entry, preparing mailings.
• Read to our individuals with disabilities.
• Play games, help with art projects, help with a staff talent show.
• Schedule with staff to have guests for local community entertainment.
To enrich the lives of the individuals with disabilities we care for as well as the staff and interns that work in our centers.
We are located at 3135 8th Street NE, WDC 20017
To Apply: Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line, enter “UCP”.
You will, then, receive an Intern Packet. Please complete and return to the Office of Human Resources. You will be given follow up instructions.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.