Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C., seeks an Exercise Science Program Director in its School of Nursing and Health Professions. Reporting to the Dean of the School of Nursing and Health Professions, the Program Director is responsible for leadership and effective administration of the Exercise Science Program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions (NHP).
The director is the program’s chief academic officer and reports to and advises the dean regarding the program. The director promotes shared governance and provides leadership and direction regarding:
- · Planning, developing, delivering, and assessing academic programs
- · Maintaining excellence in faculty teaching and supporting a student-centered culture
- · Promoting and facilitating leadership in teaching, scholarship and professional practice
- · Fostering scholarship and externally funded research
- · Hiring, developing, supporting, and reviewing faculty and staff on an ongoing basis
- · Planning and managing the program budget and other resources
- · Managing student enrollment and retention with emphasis on academic excellence and diversity
- · Developing and maintaining community partnerships
- · Fundraising and developing external constituencies
- · Managing the school within the guidelines of the university governance and the university policies.
- · Initiating strategic planning within the program that supports university goals
- Must hold at least a Masters Degree in Exercise Science or Related Field
- Excellent teaching record at the higher education level
- Evidence of academic or clinical publications and professional/clinical service
- Evidence of academic administrative experience
- Evidence of integrity, ethics, equity, and compassion
- Possess 5 years experience with at least one year of experience in a full-time academic setting
- Must have an understanding of and experience with exercise science and/or rehabilitative science students
- Experience with program management and administration, including planning, evaluation, and budget development
- Experience with personnel selection and supervision
- Demonstrate a commitment to professional development
- Committed to the Trinity mission of equity and social justice
- Possess the academic and experiential qualifications and background to meet the mission of program
- Must have documented expertise in one’s area of teaching responsibility
Candidates should send a letter of application expressing the reasons why their experience is a good fit for this position, along with a current C.V. and contact information for three professional references to:
Position will remain open until filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.