Trinity, a comprehensive university in Washington, D.C. has an immediate opening for an Academic Advisor in its College of Arts and Sciences. Reporting to the Dean of CAS, the Academic Advisor is responsible for providing comprehensive, proactive advising services to students enrolled in Trinity’s historic undergraduate women’s college. This position entails a 10-month contract annually: the successful candidate will work August 1-May 31st each year.
Responsibilities include the following specific functions, as well as assistance with all other advising functions as needed:
- Receive and troubleshoot calls, emails, and visits from new first-year, transfer, and returning students
- Assist with CAS’ Triage Program, which entails intensive advising of students in crisis situations as well as with probationary advising
- Maintain the CAS advising website
- Assist faculty in their role as advisors including planning and delivering training workshops
- Assist faculty in their role as advisors, including planning and delivering training workshops
- Work with deans and other decanal staff to collect and analyze advising-related data
- Assist with “spot” transfer transcript analysis in order to register students in a timely manner, as well as perform transcript evaluations for transfer credits
- Review and ensure accuracy of graduation audits
- Assist with orientations and other events for new students
- Communicate to students, faculty and all stakeholders in a timely manner regarding advising, registration and issues resolution
- Assist in advising students who wish to study abroad
Qualified candidates will have at least two years of academic advising experience in a college or university setting; must possess a master’s degree in a related field; and must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Or you may submit your resume to email@example.com
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.