Join the Human Resources Team at Trinity as we continue our journey to be the employer of choice among higher education institutions in Washington, DC. This is an exciting time at Trinity, with increasing student enrollment and many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a Data/Payroll Manager to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
Trinity is a private university in Washington, DC. and offers an array of degree programs for men and women at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Trinity is a fully-accredited university of four schools located on a wooded campus in Northeast Washington, offering programs for men and women of all faiths and ages. For 113 years, Trinity has taught the leaders of tomorrow.
Trinity is home to over 2,000 students and employs over 300 faculty and staff members. The Trinity Office of Human Resources partners with the campus community, providing guidance in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, training & development, employment, and benefits.
- Responsible for all data entry and data integrity
- Coordinates the payroll process with other departments for the purpose of delivering services in conformance with established guidelines.
- Monitors assigned payroll activities and/or programs and components for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established financial, legal and other administrative requirements.
- Researches discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation
- Maintains and updates the database system as well as conducting file merges.
- Compiles data from a wide variety of sources (e.g. times sheets, direct deposits, wage attachments, benefits, etc.) for the purpose of analyzing issues and ensuring compliance with mandated requirements
- Maintains a wide variety of payroll information, files and records in written and electronic formats for the purpose of providing up to date reference and audit trails
- Responds to written and verbal inquires.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferred, with a specialization in Business Management, Accounting or related field.
- Two to four years of payroll management and data management experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for reporting purposes
- Excellent writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills and proven credibility
- Superior level of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access
- Working knowledge of either ADP or Ceridian payroll platforms
- Demonstrated experience in working on a payroll conversion, preferred
- Excellent attention to detail
Please send cover letter and resume to:
** Official transcripts will be requested from candidates that are invited to interview. **
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.