Trinity Washington University, a comprehensive university in the nation’s capital, invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Education in the College of Arts and Sciences, Trinity’s historic college for undergraduate women. This is a tenure-track position.
The successful candidate will be prepared to teach a variety of courses and direct the undergraduate teacher education program. Responsibilities also include:
- finding creative ways to enhance and build the program
- recruiting adjuncts to teach courses
- student advising and supervision of student teaching
- working closely with administrators in both the College of Arts and Sciences and Trinity’s School of Education around curriculum development, accreditation, and other relevant initiatives
- possibly developing an Early Childhood Education minor.
Candidates must have a proven track record of teaching undergraduates in an Elementary Education major. Experience in administering education programs is desirable. Candidates should also have experience working in a highly diverse teaching environment. An earned doctorate in the field of Elementary Education or a closely related area is required.
Candidates invited for a campus interview will be asked to provide official transcripts for all degrees earned, sample course syllabi, course evaluations or other evidence of teaching effectiveness, and contact information for three professional references.
Please submit letter of application and c.v. to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Review of applications will continue until an appointment is made.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply