The Facility Service Department is in need of a work-study student. This position reports to the Director of Facility Service and Service Response Manager
GENERAL STATEMENT OF WORK:
Schedules appointments, gives information to callers, takes dictation, and otherwise relieves officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties. Aids executive in staff capacity by coordinating office services, such as personnel, record control, and special management studies. Studies management methods in order to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures. Analyzes unit operating practices, such as record keeping systems, forms control, office layout, suggestion systems, personnel and performance standards to create new systems or revise established procedures. Studies methods of improving work measurements or performance standards. Coordinates collection and preparation of operating reports, such as time-and- attendance records, terminations, new hires, transfers, and statistical records of performance data. Prepares reports including conclusions and recommendations for solution of administrative problems. Issues and interprets operating policies. Reviews and answers correspondence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists with special projects and generates special reports
- Gathers and correlates data from a variety of sources
- Participates in customer business activities
- Functions as a resource to customers
- Updates and maintains a variety of databases and filing structures
- Prepares documents and correspondence using a variety of software packages
- Coordinates meeting activities and performs calendar management
- Answers, directs and refers calls to the appropriate area
- Sorts and delivers mail
- Uses general office equipment to perform daily activities
- Establishes and maintains files for records management
- Coordinates follow-up activity
- Provides back-up support for other departments, if needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensures confidentiality of sensitive material
- Excellent word processing skills including high level of proficiency with Office 97, Word, Excel and Power Point
- Strong administrative and analytical skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Customer service oriented
- Excellent telephone skills
- Reads and routes incoming mail. Locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer.
- Takes dictation in shorthand or by machine and transcribes notes on typewriter or computer, or transcribes from voice recordings.
- Composes and types routine correspondence.
- Organizes and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
- Answers and screens manager’s telephone calls, and arranges conference calls.
- Coordinates manager’s schedule and makes appointments.
- Greets scheduled visitors and conducts to appropriate area or person.
- Arranges and coordinates travel schedules and reservations.
- Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings, prepares agendas, reserves and prepares facilities, and records and transcribes minutes of meetings.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
- Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
- Orders and maintains supplies, and arranges for equipment maintenance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All inquires should be directed to:
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.