Join the Human Resources Team at Trinity as we continue our journey to be the employer of choice among higher education institutions in Washington, DC. This is an exciting time at Trinity, with increasing student enrollment and many current and new HR initiatives on the horizon. We are looking for a Recruitment Manager to be part of supporting these initiatives and our dynamic culture.
Trinity is a private university in Washington, D.C., and offers an array of degree programs for men and women at both the graduate and undergraduate level. Trinity is an accredited university of four schools located on a wooded campus in northeast Washington, offering programs for men and women of all faiths and ages. For 113 years, Trinity has taught the leaders of tomorrow.
Trinity is home to over 2,000 students and employs over 300 faculty and staff members. The Trinity Office of Human Resources partners with the campus community, providing guidance in the areas of recruitment, employee relations, training & development, employment, and benefits.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Director of Recruitment will provide oversight and lead in the development of recruitment and retention functions that contribute to the achievement of Trinity’s Strategic Plan by: proactively partnering with hiring managers to source and recruit candidates; facilitating needs and staffing analyses; and providing guidance and advice on recruitment and retention issues in a way that is planned and integrated with the business needs and challenges of Trinity and its stakeholders.
This position’s specific responsibilities include:
- Working with departments to develop recruiting strategies
- Life cycle faculty and staff recruitment
- Executing a proactive and outreach approach to recruitment
- Providing guidance and coaching to academic and administrative departments on issues related to recruitment and the on-boarding process
- Working on projects related to recruitment, employment and market compensation
- Facilitating Staff Orientation
- Assisting the Director and Associate Director in streamlining HR policies, practices and processes and in driving HR initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree with specialization in Human Resources Management, Business Management or related field
- Five to seven years high volume and/or corporate recruitment, or related human resources experience
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions for reporting purposes
- Superior writing, verbal and listening communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and proven credibility
- Be innovative and diplomatic with the proven ability to successfully manage the many challenges and opportunities in the higher education environment
- Demonstrate an integrated, analytical, anticipatory and proactive approach to service delivery
- Proven leadership style focused on cooperation, high performance, integrity and fairness
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Master’s Degree in a related field
- PHR certification
- Experience working in all aspects of human resources
- Working knowledge of an HRIS platform
- Bilingual abilities in English and Spanish
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Trinity Washington University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its students, faculty and staff. Trinity is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community and strongly encourages all qualified individuals to apply.