The Office of Enrollment Services welcomes all veterans and qualifying family members to the Trinity family. We are committed to providing you with accurate information and connecting you with the appropriate resources throughout the University. We look forward to serving you.
Veteran’s Benefits Checklist
This list is designed to help you keep track of the steps you have taken and what you may still need to do. It’s best to plan ahead as some of these items require gathering and submitting paperwork prior to the start of school.
- Complete the VONAPP Direct Connect (VDC) to apply for your education benefits or change your program/place of training if you attended another school using the G.I. Bill. All students should list 125 Michigan Avenue NE, Washington, DC 20017 as your place of training.
- You can find a wealth of information — as well as the application for benefits — at the GI Bill website
- Apply to Trinity! As a military service member with credits from your training, you will apply as a transfer student. The $40 application fee is waived for Veterans and Military Personnel. No fee waiver is necessary.
- Send a copy of your Certificate of Eligibility from VA to the Office of Enrollment Services via fax at 202.884.9524 or by mail to Office of Enrollment Services ATTN: James Roye, 125 Michigan Ave. NE Main 154, Washington, DC 20017. This is required for newly matriculated students.
- Submit your Request for VA Enrollment Certification each semester in which you want to receive benefits. Until this form is completed, Trinity is unable to submit your enrollment to VA for payment of your benefits.
- Make sure you have all your transcripts available, whether military or from another school. To request transcripts from your branch of service visit: Military Transfer Guide
- Trinity Washington University participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program which funds tuition and fee expenses that exceed the tuition and fee amounts payable under the Post 9/11 GI Bill. See if you are eligible.
- If your dependent/spouse is attending Trinity and utilizing your Post 9/11 education benefits, detailed instructions on how to transfer your benefit can be found by visiting: Transfer of Post-9/11 Benefits