Trinity Logo
Students  Alumnae/i  Faculty/Staff

Enrollment Services | Transcripts

Convenient, Faster, and Paperless!

As of June 29, 2017, Trinity Washington University is partnering with the National Student Clearinghouse to offer you official and secure electronic versions of your transcript.  The fee is $3.25 per request. Your request can be received, processed, and delivered in less than 24 hours by selecting a PDF copy and electronic delivery method.

Order My Transcript

Are you a Trinity graduate or current student? It does not matter!  Everyone can use the system to make a request for their official transcript.

Please have the following information ready to complete your request:

  • A major credit or debit card
  • An email address, and
  • Your signed consent form (you can complete this electronically at the link above).

How to Order my Transcript Video

Updates on your order’s progress will be emailed to you. You can also track your order online by using your email address and order number. Your credit or debit card is not charged until the order has been processed.

As always, we strive for excellent customer service! Should you have issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Enrollment Services at 202-884-9530 or via email at


Q: What is the National Student Clearinghouse?

The National Student Clearinghouse, a nonprofit organization, was founded by the higher education community.  It offers secure access to enrollment and degree records for more than 3,600 colleges that is fully compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act. The Clearinghouse provides transcript ordering, enrollment and degree verification.  For more information, see the National Student Clearinghouse Website:

Q:  Do I have to sign a consent form to release my transcript?

A: Yes, but you can do this electronically.  The Clearinghouse uses a paperless consent form that allows you to sign electronically prior to completing your request.  According to the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), schools must have your written permission to release information from your education records.

Q:  What are my delivery options?

A: Electronic: The Office of Enrollment Services offers official electronic transcripts to students with initial attendance after 1981.  The content of the official transcript is converted into a PDF document and delivered to the recipient by our contracted provider, National Student Clearinghouse.  Please note: the electronic option is not available for students prior to 1981.

By Mail: Transcripts can be mailed directly to the person, school, or company you indicate on the form.  Remember to include the specific recipient and department when sending transcripts to a large institution, such as another college or university.

In Person: You may be picked up your transcript in the Office of Enrollment Services within 3-5 business days after receipt of the request.  The office is located in Main Hall, Room 154 and is open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.  You will need to bring a copy of your photo ID.

Q: What is a PDF?

A: A PDF is a portable document format that provides an electronic image of text or text and graphics that looks like a printed document and can be viewed, printed, and electronically transmitted.

Q: What if I don’t have a credit or debit card?

A: If you do not have a credit or debit card, you can use a prepaid Visa or MasterCard gift card to place your order. To ensure a successful transaction, make sure the amount available on the gift card is equal to or greater than the amount you estimate your transcript order will cost.

Q: Can I have a friend or family member pick up my transcript?

A: You may send a written request as an e-mail attachment to asking for the release of a transcript to a friend or family member.  This written request must be signed by you, the student. The person picking up the transcript must show a photo ID.

Q: How long will it take for my transcript to be sent? (Electronic Transcript)

A: It will process within 24 hours.

Q: How long will it take for my transcript to be sent? (Paper Transcript)

A: It will take 3-5 business days for processing.

Q: As a parent, can I request a transcript for my child?

A: No.  Only the student may request a transcript.

Q: What is the cost of a transcript?

A: Transcripts are $3.25 per recipient (email or mail).  For example, if you request 2 transcripts to be sent to another university via mail, you will be charged $3.25 total.  If you request one transcript to be sent to another university and one transcript to be sent to yourself, then you will be charged $6.50.

Q: Why is Trinity Washington University charging me for my transcript?

A: This system provides an more convenient and faster process for requesting and receiving your transcript, including:

24/7 access to the ordering site: Current and former students may submit a request from any computer connected to the internet anywhere in the world.  There is no longer a need to send in a written request for transcript.

Improved tracking service: Order updates are emailed to students and can be sent via text if the student elects this option. Order status and order history can be checked on-line at any time.

Electronic delivery options: Current and former students, with first attendance after 1980, have the option to select electronic delivery of transcripts by providing a valid recipient email address or selecting from a database of network recipients.  Electronic delivery is recommended.   This enables Trinity to electronically deliver transcripts in a safe, secure and efficient manner to students and student designated recipients such as persons, universities and colleges, and employers.  Students will receive an email notification for electronic deliveries once it has been sent and once the recipient receives the actual transcript.

Q: I requested my transcript to be sent to the wrong recipient/email/address. Can I correct my order?

Please be sure to verify the delivery information before submitting as the Office of Enrollment Services cannot cancel or refund orders. If you have submitted a request to the wrong address/email/recipient, you will need to place another order to the correct destination.



For more information, contact Enrollment Services at or 202-884-9530, or visit the office in person in Main 154. You may also send a fax to 202-884-9524.



Getting to Campus

Directions to Campus

Parking on Campus

Campus Map

Shuttle from Metro


Campus Tours & Open Houses

Prospective students can request a campus tour by calling 800-492-6882. Learn More

Online Campus Tour

Office of Admissions

Events at Trinity

Meeting & Conference Rentals

Room Rentals

Trinity Center

Calendar of Events

Fitness Center

Brookland residents: learn about discounted memberships at the Trinity Center.

 - Current Fitness Classes

 - Facilities


CAS Programs

EDU Programs

NHP Programs

SPS Programs

BGS Programs

Academic Life


Student Life