Step 1: Disability Documentation
In order to process your registration with Disability Student Services (DSS), you must submit sufficient documentation of your disability at the time of your Intake Meeting. Your documentation must be less than THREE (3) years old and must include the following:
- Statement of diagnosis & functional limitations
- Description of methods/tests used in diagnostic
- Relevant educational history (i.e. previous accommodations)
- Recommendations for specific accommodations in a college setting
- Signature & contact information of a qualified evaluator
!!! Please note that an IEP is NOT sufficient documentation and will not be considered unless accompanied by the comprehensive psycho-educational evaluation(s) used in the IEP process. DSS does not diagnose disabilities and cannot provide referrals to evaluators or testing centers. DSS can help guide you in obtaining documentation from your high school or state vocational rehabilitation agency (i.e. RSA, DORS).
Missing one of the documentation criteria?
You may have the evaluator complete a Disability Documentation Supplemental Form (Word) and submit it to Disability Student Services (DSS) with your primary documentation for consideration. Acceptance of this supplemental form is at the discretion of DSS.
Proceed to Step 2 –> Intake Meeting