Becoming a Conway Scholar
The Joanne and William Conway Scholarship Program is for high-achieving, low-income young women who intend to enter the nursing profession. Residency and academic requirements are listed here.
Scholars are selected from candidates invited to participate. The university selects students to invite based on nominations by high school principals, guidance counselors (nomination form), or from among current applicants.
- Once invited, the candidates must complete the application to Trinity’s College of Arts and Sciences, plus the Conway Scholarship Program application.
- Candidates must also RSVP for the Scholars Competition Day.
- At the competition day, potential scholars will be evaluated based on:
- writing ability
- oral expression
- comportment and ability to present oneself to nursing faculty
- personal characteristics affecting one’s eligibility to participate in clinical education