I am registered for a course. Now what?
We are glad you have chosen Trinity Continuing Education for your professional development needs. Here’s a few things you will need to know for your first day of class:
You can view your course schedule online through Self-Service, Trinity’s Online Registration portal. For directions for using this feature, click here.
For directions to all site locations and a Trinity Campus Map visit our Directions webpage.
Courses at Trinity:
- Check in with the security guard at the entrances.
- Park in designated student parking.
- Get temporary Cont Ed parking permit from your instructor.
- Place parking permit on your dashboard each time you return to campus.
Park permits are not required. See each off-site location’s directions for parking information.
Please check the room signs posted in the Main Hall lobby at Trinity on the first day of class. Trinity Campus room assignments can also be viewed by logging into Self-Service 24 hours prior to the start of the course. Room assignments for off-campus locations will be posted near the main entrance of the building.
Courses at Trinity:
Click here for our current Dining Options.
What do I need to bring to class? Is there a textbook?
If there’s anything that you will need to purchase for the class, the instructor will let you know on the first day of class. Please come prepared with writing materials and a folder for any hand-outs. Have your course name or number with you so that we can assist you in finding your course’s room assignment.
Still have questions?
Call us 202-884-9300 Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or, afterhours, send an email to ContinuingEd@trinitydc.edu.
- Check your Trinity student email account. All future contact from your instructors will go to your Trinity email account through our online learning platform. If you haven’t checked your Trinity email before, visit Trinity’s website (http://www.trinitydc.edu/) and click on the email link next to the logo that looks like an envelope. On the next page, enter the username and password you used to register online through Self Service. If you didn’t register online, a username and password were emailed to you after you submitted your paper registration. If you are not sure if you have a username and password, please contact Continuing Education at 202-884-9300 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login to Moodle. Moodle is the learning platform (similar to Blackboard) that many universities are using to deliver and store academic content; it is also the home base for your online course. Please save a copy of the Moodle Student Guide for directions on how to submit your assignments, participate in online discussions, see your grades, and more. Follow the Trinity email steps above to find the Moodle link (a lowercase m with a graduation cap on it) at the top of the Trinity homepage (http://www.trinitydc.edu/), or bookmark this website to have it handy all the time: http://moodle.trinitydc.edu/.
- Keep up with Assignments. Your instructor will activate the course page on the first day of class to give you access to all of your learning tools; login on the first day of class to stay on schedule! You will see a syllabus with details about your assignments, discussions, deadlines, etc. Make sure you submit your discussion comments and assignments on time to create an active classroom environment, not to mention to receive credit for your work.
- Need help? Contact Continuing Ed for assistance. Call us 202-884-9300 for help Monday-Friday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. or, afterhours, send an email to ContinuingEd@trinitydc.edu. We will ask you to have the attached Moodle Student Guide next to you as we walk you through the steps of accomplishing your goal.