Exciting new courses offered in collaboration with the
Atlantic Seaboard Dyslexia Education Center!
ASDEC faculty teach a series of courses at their Rockville location and online (Distance Learning) that prepare individuals for certification as Academic Therapists. These courses are also open to teachers, parents, and other educators who are interested in learning the most effective multisensory strategies for teaching reading, writing, study skills, and math. Trinity Washington University provides three credits at a graduate level that may be used for teacher certification, salary increments, or for recertification/seat hours, where applicable.
How to Register:
Register for ASDEC courses here.
- After completing your ASDEC Registration Process, request a Trinity Credit Registration form from Ellen O’Neill (firstname.lastname@example.org), ASDEC Executive Director.
Return the completed Trinity Credit Registration form and payment to ASDEC.
Current Semester Course Offerings:
Onsite Courses (@ ASDEC Rockville location):
- EDU 508L Language I: Sounds and Syllables:
June 22 – July 3, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- EDU 510L Language Foundations: Multisensory Structured Language Instruction
August 10 – 14, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- EDU 912M Multisensory Mathematics I: Strategies for All Learners
June 22 – 26, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
- EDU 913M Multisensory Mathematics II: Applications for Secondary Educators
June 29 – July 2, 2015 from 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.