Related: Continuing Education, Katie Omenitsch

5 Reasons to Take Online PD Courses

14380711307_d1e5164aed_bProfessional Development courses are a necessary and useful requirement for teachers. Sometimes taking these courses can prove difficult for various reasons. At Trinity, we do our best to provide quality PD courses at convenient times for teachers. One way we do this is to offer courses that are 100% online.

I have heard many excuses from teachers when I suggest trying an online course, but here are some reasons why online courses can be a great fit for anyone.

1. Flexibility: With online courses you have the ability to learn and complete your work in the way that is best for you. You can still interact with classmates through online discussion without having to be anywhere at a set time.
  2. Improve Technology Skills: Online courses may force you out of your comfort zone in terms of using technology, but they give you the opportunity to learn more about technology and develop those skills.
  3. Network with teachers nationwide: In my opinion, one of the best things about online learning is the opportunity to connect with educators from across the country. It gives teachers the chance to be exposed to new and different points of view.
  4. Pace: While our online courses are not entirely self-paced, they do allow you to work at your own pace provided you meet all course deadlines. You have the ability to tailor your learning experience to your schedule.
  5. No commute: This one really speaks for itself!

I was very skeptical about online learning when we first started offering these courses, but now I can see the benefits and potential that online learning has to offer. I am even taking a few online courses myself starting this spring.

We are offering online courses in spring 2016. Check out our online course page for more information.

This entry was posted in Continuing Education, Katie Omenitsch. Bookmark the permalink.