My Next Move – Career Assessement
My Next Move is an easy-to-use electronic tool developed as part of the Occupational Information Network (O*NET) system. Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration, O*NET is a comprehensive career information resource which collects data including the knowledge, skills, and abilities required by more than 900 occupations in the United States. My Next Move enables users to explore occupations and find related information, job outlook information, salaries, and other related education and training programs.
In addition, this tool includes an on-line interest assessment with 60 questions targeted to help individuals learn what she/he likes to do. Based on the individual’s interests and responses, the information gathered will be used to suggest potentially suitable occupations and careers.
What Information Can You Obtain from My Next Move?
- Examples of alternative occupation/job titles used for the occupation
- Concise description of what people in the occupation do
- The knowledge, skills and abilities that are most important for performing the occupation
- The key personality attributes necessary to perform the job
- Average national pay for the occupation, as well as a link to local salary information
- A symbol showing whether the occupation is classified as a “green” job or considered to have a “bright outlook” for employment.
For more information about the My Next Move system, please visit: http://www.onetcenter.org/dl_files/mnm_factsheet.pdf
Wondering if a Career Assessment Is Right For You?
• Do you struggle in your decision of what you want to be when you grow up?
• Are you in the workforce and now looking for a different career?
• Have you decided to go to college or come back to finish your degree, and are unsure of where to start?
• Do you need help selecting a major or program of study?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, use the interactive software, My Next Move, to explore your career interests and skills! You may be surprised by what you discover!
1. Visit www.mynextmove.org
2. Choose the search option that fits you best.
3. Begin to explore!
Make an Appointment
After completing the assessment, visit the schedule an appointment section and schedule a time to review your results and get insight and direction from a Career Services staff member.