Cap and Gown 2014 Weekend
Saturday, September 27 – Sunday, September 28, 2014
On Cap and Gown Weekend, members of the senior class wear their caps and gowns for the first time and are officially recognized by Trinity as seniors. This important campus tradition dates back to when the very first class to graduate from Trinity, the Red Class of 1904, gathered in fall 1903. Today, Cap and Gown includes Cap and Gown Convocation on Saturday, and Cap and Gown Mass on Sunday, followed by a festive brunch for seniors and their families and the Courtyard Sing, where seniors are joined by the undergraduate classes. Also on Cap and Gown Weekend, the first year class receives its new class banner as part of the Courtyard Sing tradition. The entire university community, families and friends are welcome to share these traditions with our senior class and their families. All students are encouraged to come out in force to support our seniors!
Seniors should carefully review the letter from the Dean of Student Services for important information regarding this special weekend. To participate in the Cap and Gown ceremonies, undergraduate students must have achieved senior status by earning 92 credits or more). Seniors with questions about Cap and Gown Weekend may contact Dean Michele Bowie at 202-884-9611. Caps and gowns may be purchased from the Trinity Bookstore during regular business hours, Monday thru Saturday, beginning Tuesday, September 16, through Saturday of Cap and Gown Weekend.
Saturday, September 27
- Robing in the Trinity Center at 4:30 pm
- Cap and Gown Convocation in the Trinity Center at 5:00 pm; families, friends and members of the Trinity community are welcome
- President’s Reception following Convocation
Sunday, September 28
- Robing in O’Connor Auditorium at 9:15 am
- Mass at 10:00 am in Notre Dame Chapel; families, friends and members of the Trinity community are welcome
- Brunch in Alumnae Hall following mass (must purchase $10 tickets for guests in the Dean of Student Services Office, Main 223)
- Courtyard Sing for all classes in Seymour Court at 12:30 pm