Room Selection 2016
This process is for students that are current residents. All others must complete a campus housing application.
DATE: Monday, April 18, 2016
This process is for students that are current residents and cleared by April 15th.
- Please submit an online application by April 15th. http://www.trinitydc.edu/campus-housing/housing-application/
- Indicate your building and room preference, in the special consideration tab, on the application.
- Your assignment will be made by April 18th, by date order of applications received. (Online Lottery system)
- You do not need to be present on April 18th for an assignment. We will email your assignment to your student email by April 22nd
- If you are not cleared by the April 15th and want an assignment, apply after you are cleared and follow the steps above.
Residence Hall Selection Criteria:
Main Hall – Seniors & Graduate students
Alumnae Hall – rising Juniors (will be juniors in fall), Juniors and Seniors
Kerby Hall – Sophomores, juniors, seniors and graduate students.
Cuvilly – only the 5th floor spaces for upperclassman. Other floors are reserved for first year students.
Prior to Room Selection
All current residential students who plan to participate in room selection for next year must do the following:
1. File the 2016-2017 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov by April 1, 2016.
- Sign it with your PIN by April 1, 2016.
- Trinity’s school code is 001460-00.
- Don’t leave any questions blank. An incomplete FAFSA will not be processed. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete the income sections of the FAFSA. This will reduce the likelihood that we will need additional documents to complete your application.
- Please note that at least one parent must also sign the FAFSA with his or her PIN by April 1, 2016 for dependent students.
2. You must also submit any other requested documents before April 1, 2016. This may include:
- Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet
- Signed copy of your 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Signed copy of your parents’ 2015 Federal Tax Return
- Any other forms or documents requested by Enrollment Services
3. You must register full time (minimum of 12 credits) for the fall 2016 semester.
- This may require for you to make contact with your academic adviser. Please plan accordingly.
4. You must be in good financial and academic standing.
- You can check your financial and academic standing through Trinity Self-Service.
- You must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to participate in Room Selection
- If your FAFSA is missing any information or if you have not submitted any items requested by Enrollment Services, you will not be able to participate in Room Selection on April 13th. The FAFSA is due April 1st however you may begin filing immediately!
You will still be eligible to apply to live on-campus once these steps are complete but you will have to complete the Campus Housing Application on-line.
Prior To Fall Move-In
In order to be cleared to move-in, you must finalize your payment arrangements for all of your Fall 2016 tuition, fees and room and board charges by August 1, 2016. To do this, you must complete the following:
- You must return your signed financial aid award letter to Enrollment Services by August 1, 2016.
- DC residents must submit DC TAG/CAP and/or College Success Foundation award letters by August 1, 2016.
- All outside agency/donor payment vouchers or awards are due by August 1, 2016.
- If you are borrowing any federal loans (Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan or Parent PLUS loan) you must complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling sessions online.
- You must pay the balance due on your Fall 2015 student account (less financial aid) by August 1, 2016 or you must set up a payment plan online through e-Cashier and make the first payment by August 1, 2016.
- Your parent may apply and be approved for a Parent PLUS loan for your balance by August 1, 2016.
If you do not complete these steps by August 1, 2016, your room assignment will be cancelled. You may request a new room assignment by filing a campus housing application on-line once cleared; such requests will be considered based on room availability but are not guaranteed.