Housing Selection Process
The Fall 2017 housing selection process will begin Monday, March 20, 2017 and end Friday, April 14, 2017. The housing selection process is for Spring 2017 residents, who plan to return to housing for the Fall 2017 semester. The housing selection process provides current residents with an opportunity to choose their housing assignment, choose their roommate (if applicable) and GUARANTEES them housing for the Fall 2017 semester. Students who do currently reside on campus and are interested in housing must complete a Campus Housing Application.
Fall 2017 Housing Selection Process
The fall 2017 housing selection process is a three step online process. Placement will be determined based upon a students class status and the date in which they submit their online housing selection application. In order to be eligible to participate in the housing selection process, students must complete the following:
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by April 1, 2017
- Register for classes for the Fall 2017 semester by April 14, 2017
- Complete Fall 2017 Housing Selection Application by April 14, 2017 ***Residents who successfully complete and submit the housing selection application, will automatically receive an email confirmation. Residents who do not receive an email confirmation must email email@example.com.
Spring 2017 residents who do not participate in the housing selection process, but intend to return to housing for Fall 2017, will be required to reapply for housing. These students must complete a new student housing application and will be placed into spaces that are available at the time of placement during the summer. Placements for non housing selection participants will be provided via their Trinity email on or about August 1, 2017.
Housing Selection Timeline:
The housing selection process is for current Spring 2017 residents who are cleared by Friday, April 14, 2017.
- Monday, March 20, 2017 – Housing Selection Application Available and Fall Registration Begin
- Saturday, April 1, 2017 – Submit FAFSA by 11:59pm
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017 – Info Session @1pm-2pm, Main Hall 230
- Tuesday, April 4, 2017 – Campus Housing Tour @3pm-4pm w/ Heidi
- Thursday, April 6, 2017 – Info Session @4pm-5pm, Main Hall 230
- Wednesday, April 12, 2017 – Campus Housing Tour @1pm-2pm w/ Sheyny
- Friday, April 14, 2017 – Last Day To Submit Housing Selection Application for early placement
- Friday, April 28, 2017 – Fall 2017 Housing Selection Assignments Emailed
Residence Hall Eligibility:
All Residents must maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA and be in good academic and disciplinary standing to live in campus housing.
- Main Hall – Seniors and Graduate Students
- Alumnae Hall – Rising Juniors (will be Juniors in fall), Juniors and Seniors
- Kerby Hall – Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors
- Cuvilly Hall – First Year and Transfer students only
Residence Hall Layout:
To view the layout for each residence hall, please click on the links below.
Room squatting is when an individual living in a room requests to be placed in the same room the following year.
- In order to be eligible to squat any room during the housing selection process, the squatter must currently reside in that space and must have lived in that space during the Spring 2017 semester.
- Current first year students and upperclassmen who currently reside in Cuvilly Hall are not eligible to squat, even if they currently live there. They may, however, request another space when they complete the housing selection application.
- Reminder: Cuvilly Hall will be for incoming first year and transfer students ONLY.
Disability Support Services:
Residents who need to request specific housing accommodations due to a medical related condition, will need to register with Disability Support Services each academic year. Once affiliated, Disability Support Services will inform the Office of Campus Housing of all residents who require specific housing accommodations based on medical documentation provided to their office.
Please submit requests for housing accommodations to the Office of Disability Support Services for the Fall 2017 semester by Friday, April 14, 2017.
Prior to Room Selection
All current residents who plan to participate in room selection for next year must do the following:
1. File the 20167-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov by April 1, 2017.
- Sign it with your PIN by April 1, 2017.
- Trinity’s school code is 001460-00.
- Don’t leave any questions blank. An incomplete FAFSA will not be processed. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete the income sections of the FAFSA. This will reduce the likelihood that we will need additional documents to complete your application.
- Please note that at least one parent must also sign the FAFSA with his or her PIN by April 1, 2016 for dependent students.
2. You must also submit any other requested documents before April 1, 2017. This may include:
- Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet
- Signed copy of your 2016 Federal Tax Return
- Signed copy of your parents’ 2016 Federal Tax Return
- Any other forms or documents requested by Enrollment Services
3. You must register full time (minimum of 12 credits) for the fall 2017 semester.
- This may require for you to make contact with your academic adviser. Please plan accordingly.
4. You must be in good financial and academic standing.
- You can check your financial and academic standing through Trinity Self-Service.
- You must have at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA to participate in Room Selection
- If your FAFSA is missing any information or if you have not submitted any items requested by Enrollment Services, you will not be able to participate in Room Selection on April 13th. The FAFSA is due April 1st however you may begin filing immediately!
You will still be eligible to apply to live on-campus once these steps are complete but you will have to complete the Campus Housing Application on-line.
Prior To Fall 2017 Move-In
In order to be cleared to move-in, you must finalize your payment arrangements for all of your Fall 2016 tuition, fees and room and board charges by August 1, 2017. To do this, you must complete the following:
- You must return your signed financial aid award letter to Enrollment Services by August 1, 2017.
- DC residents must submit DC TAG/CAP and/or College Success Foundation award letters by August 1, 2017.
- All outside agency/donor payment vouchers or awards are due by August 1, 2016.
- If you are borrowing any federal loans (Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan or Parent PLUS loan) you must complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling sessions online.
- You must pay the balance due on your Fall 2015 student account (less financial aid) by August 1, 2017 or you must set up a payment plan online through e-Cashier and make the first payment by August 1, 2017.
- Your parent may apply and be approved for a Parent PLUS loan for your balance by August 1, 2016.
If you do not complete these steps by August 1, 2017, your room assignment will be cancelled. You may request a new room assignment by filing a campus housing application on-line once cleared; such requests will be considered based on room availability but are not guaranteed.