Room Selection 2015
This process is for students that are current residents. All others must complete a campus housing application.
DATES: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 and Thursday, April 2, 2015
LOCATION: Alumnae Dining Hall
- Please be on time in order to ensure the process runs smoothly. Students that arrive after selection begins may forfeit their place in the order of selection.
- Upon your arrival, you will be given a number that will determine the order of selection. This number is a combination of credit hours and any PAW points you have earned. You will not be issued a number if you are not on the list from Enrollment Services that indicates you are cleared for placement.
- Proxies will not be accepted. Each student must be present in person.
- When your number is called, you should proceed to the table that represents the residence hall you would like to live in for 2015-2016 and select your room.
- If you wish to stay in a double room in Kerby or Main but do not have a roommate in mind, you may complete a roommate preference form on site. While you will not be able to select your exact room that night, you will able to indicate certain room preferences (i.e.close to the bathroom, A wing or B wing, etc.) and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
- Once you select your room, you should proceed to the final station where you will turn in your passport.
Prior to Room Selection
All current residential students who plan to participate in room selection for next year must do the following:
1. File the 2015-2016 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov by April 1, 2015.
- Sign it with your PIN by April 1, 2015.
- Trinity’s school code is 001460-00.
- Don’t leave any questions blank. An incomplete FAFSA will not be processed. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to complete the income sections of the FAFSA. This will reduce the likelihood that we will need additional documents to complete your application.
- Please note that at least one parent must also sign the FAFSA with his or her PIN by April 1, 2015 for dependent students.
2. You must also submit any other requested documents before April 1, 2015. This may include:
- Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet
- Signed copy of your 2014 Federal Tax Return
- Signed copy of your parents’ 2014 Federal Tax Return
- Any other forms or documents requested by Enrollment Services
3. You must register full time (minimum of 12 credits) for the fall 2015 semester.
- This may require for you to make contact with your academic adviser. Please plan accordingly.
4. You must be in good financial and academic standing.
- You can check your financial and academic standing through Trinity Self-Service.
If your FAFSA is missing any information or if you have not submitted any items requested by Enrollment Services, you will not be able to participate in Room Selection on April 1st and 2nd. The FAFSA is due April 1st however you may begin filing immediately!
You will still be eligible to live on-campus once these steps are complete but you will have to complete the Campus Housing Application on-line.
Prior To Fall Move-In
In order to be cleared to move-in, you must finalize your payment arrangements for all of your Fall 2015 tuition, fees and room and board charges by August 1, 2015. To do this, you must complete the following:
- You must return your signed financial aid award letter to Enrollment Services by August 1, 2015.
- DC residents must submit DC TAG/CAP and/or College Success Foundation award letters by August 1, 2015.
- All outside agency/donor payment vouchers or awards are due by August 1, 2015.
- If you are borrowing any federal loans (Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan or Parent PLUS loan) you must complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling sessions online.
- You must pay the balance due on your Fall 2015 student account (less financial aid) by August 1, 2015 or you must set up a payment plan online through e-Cashier and make the first payment by August 1, 2015.
- Your parent may apply and be approved for a Parent PLUS loan for your balance by August 1, 2015.
If you do not complete these steps by August 1, 2015, your room assignment will be automatically cancelled. You may request a new room assignment by filing a campus housing application on-line once cleared; such requests will be considered based on room availability but are not guaranteed.