2013- 2014 Room Selection
This process is for students that are current residents. All others should turn in their housing deposit to Enrollment Services and complete the Housing Application.
Thursday, April 11, 2013
- Please be on time in order to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Once your eligibility is confirmed on the night of room selection, you will be sorted by the # of credit hours you have. This will determine the actual order of selection.
- Proxies will not be accepted. Each student must be present in person.
All resident students who plan to choose a room for next year must do the following:
- Complete the financial aid process
- Register full time (minimum of 12 credits) for the fall 2013 semester
- Be in good financial and academic standing.
Trinity will require the following in order to select a room. Failure to complete these steps by May 4, 2013 will result in forfeiture of your Room Selection privileges:
- File the 2013-14 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Sign it with your PIN by April 1. Trinity’s school code is 001460-00
- Don’t leave any questions blank. An incomplete FAFSA will not be processed.
- At least one parent must also sign the FAFSA with his or her PIN by April 1 for dependent students
- You must also submit any other requested documents. This may include:
- Dependent or Independent Verification Worksheet
- Signed copy of your 2011 federal tax return
- Signed copy of your parents’ 2011 federal tax return
- Any other forms or documents requested by Enrollment Services
If your FAFSA is missing any information or if you have not submitted any items requested by Enrollment Services, you will not be able to participate in Room Selection on April 11, 2013. The FAFSA is due April 1st however you may begin filing immediately!
After you have selected a room, you must finalize your payment arrangements for all of your Fall 2013 tuition, fees and room and board charges by August 1, 2013. To do this, you must complete the following:
- You must return your signed financial aid award letter to Enrollment Services by August 1, 2013.
- DC residents must submit DC TAG/CAP and/or College Success Foundation award letters by August 1, 2013.
- All outside agency/donor payment vouchers or awards are due by August 1, 2013.
- If you are borrowing any federal loans (Stafford Loan, Perkins Loan or Parent PLUS loan) you must complete the appropriate Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling sessions online
- You must pay the balance due on your Fall 2013 student account (less financial aid) by August 1, 2013 or you must set up a payment plan online through e-Cashier and make the first payment by August 1, 2013.
- Your parent may apply and be approved for a Parent PLUS loan for your balance by August 1, 2013.
If you do not complete these steps by August 1, 2013, your room assignment will be automatically cancelled and made available to the next eligible student. You may request a room assignment again after August 1, 2013 once cleared; such requests will be considered based on room availability but are not guaranteed.