Student-Athlete Profile of The Week
A native of Baltimore, Maryland, Shelby Swan is a sophomore tri-athlete (basketball, softball, volleyball) at Trinity. Shelby is an Exercise Science major, with aspirations of becoming an athletic trainer.
1. If you could trade places with a famous athlete, who would it be?
I would trade places with Michael Jordan. He played multiple sports like I do, was a point guard (like me), and won A LOT of championships.
2. What is your favorite midnight snack?
3. Do you have any weird quirks?
I tend to make random noises out of the blue, (demonstrates by clicking her tongue).
4. What is your favorite class at Trinity?
My English class taught by Professor Thorbjornsen. Professor Thorbjornsen emphasizes creative writing and encourages individualism.
5. What is your favorite part of being a Trinity student-athlete?
Being an athlete at Trinity means you have a supportive community around you. The athletic department is like an extended family; staff and students.
6. What is something you enjoy doing in your leisure time?
I love to go out dancing with my friends.
8. Are you a good dancer?
I just go for it!
7. Where do you imagine yourself in 10 years?
I see myself working with a basketball team overseas as an athletic trainer.